I have my first meal in Vietnam on the street with Bao & Phillipe. Hot noodle soup with mystery meat for 75 cents. Iced coffee, 30 cents. Building an immunity to local food-borne illness, priceless.
The rest of the morning I spend walking around HCMC trying to get familiar with the streets. As Christmas has just passed, shops are covered in priceless decoration. This stuff is everywhere.
The afternoon is justifiably consumed by the internet. On a positive (human interaction required) note, at the internet café is where I meet my first friend, Rejean- a very nice Canadian who invites me to join him and his friends for New Years Eve dinner. Normally I would pass up such offers to be gracious but extraneous, however, I realize that now is not the time to be turning down offers of companionship- so I agreed and a very lovely evening ensued. Ironically, Rejean had reservations at my (now) favorite restaurant in HCMC, Quan An Ngon (thanks for the heads-up Mai-Hien!)
Dinner with Rejean, Daniel & Josiane

4 comments:
it's crazy how saigon goes all out for xmas decor, huh? and they dont even really celebrate xmas!
has fred contacted you yet? here's his #: 090-668-4176.
you better let me know if you need anything! i miss you so damn much already. eat lots of good food for me! :)
-mai hien
Great pictures, I love the nutty Christmas decorations, and LOVE the one of the motor bikes.
This is so fun, I love that you have a blog!
Miss you :(
Steph
You're such an awesome blogger! I smile each time I read these.
Your room is so sweet! That's all you need in one sweet little room. You've already done so much but don't get too comfortable cause we want you back ; )
I love you baby girl,
Claire
updates???
Post a Comment